Work with us
PlanRVA is dedicated to supporting the successful development of our local and regional community. We offer a place where employees can apply their skills to address a variety of community challenges and projects.
At PlanRVA, we value diversity in skill, experience, perspective and professional expertise. We promote collaboration across program areas and among stakeholders in the community. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a political subdivision of the Commonwealth chartered under the Regional Cooperation Act, employees are public employees and subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Full-Time Employee Benefits Package
PlanRVA offers its full-time employees a wide range of standard and elective benefits, including paid vacation and sick leave, flexible work schedules, and insurance.
New employees receive the following benefits:
- Retirement plan through the Virginia Retirement System and ICMA;
- Employee health insurance that includes dental, vision and prescription drug coverage;
- Group term-life insurance for employee;
- Annual leave beginning at 12 days per year;
- Sick leave for employee and family illness; and
- Paid holidays in accordance with Commonwealth of Virginia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
PlanRVA strives to cultivate and maintain an inclusive culture among its staff members. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at PlanRVA are based on agency need, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations applicable in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
To apply for a position:
- Review the job requirements;
- Submit an application (required), which can be downloaded for completion (RRPDC Employment Application.zip);
- Submit a cover letter, a copy of your résumé and references, and any other requested information;
- We will contact you regarding an interview.
Applications may be submitted by postal mail or email.
ATTN: Human Resources - Hiring
9211 Forest Hill Ave., Suite 200
Richmond, VA 23235
Email applications should reference the position being applied for.
As a means of accommodation to persons with specific disabilities that prevent them from completing this application, confidential assistance in filling out the application may be obtained by calling PlanRVA.